Wednesday, March 5, 2008

A New Thing and an Old Thing for Grandma

Well, I guess the best way to share what is going on in life is to BLOG. So here I am, this old Grandma, wrting and posting pictures about what's up.



Right now I am in the middle of another remodel, the purpose of which is to make the house competitive with new construction so I can sell it and move to KY - Lexington to be specific. So as usual, my house is a mess, and there are workers crawling all over the place.



The screened back porch is gone in favor of an enclosed sunroom, and the master suite will really be that when we are done. Two small baths have been combined to make one bath and the upstairs hall has been confiscated to become the master closet. The door to the master has been widened, making it feel more expansive (Did I say expensive?).


We have also upgraded and moved the electric meter, and will recarpet the entire upstairs when this work is finished. They are supposed to complete the work in 5 weeks (I guessed 8). We are now in the second week, and the drywall is up and they will sand the mud tomorrow. I have chosen tile, and glass doors for the shower, and lights, and ordered an antique looking vanity and a towel warmer. There will be heating under the ceramic floor.
Not quite as ambitious as my kitchen remodel, but just as disruptive.
Poor Robyn has come home to land for a few weeks, and has to get up early because there are workers in the house around 8AM every day. But That's life - especially around my house.

1 comment:

The Thomas Trio said...

Cool, a blog! We need finished pics too!